5 QUESTIONS TO A SUCCESSFUL MANAGER
The Association of Managers and Kommersant compile the “Top Thousand Russian Managers” ranking on an annual basis. The goal of the project is to discover effective management practices and form the new Russian management elite.
This year, PRIME Economic Information Agency, the strategic partner of the ranking, posed some questions to the nominees about the sought-after managerial qualities, legislation, sanctions, technologies, and finances.
Alexander Chub, the President of Russian Towers Group, took part in this special project and answered the questions of the rapid-fire interview.
WHICH MANAGERIAL QUALITIES WILL BE MUCH-IN-DEMAND IN THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS? WHY?
- In the rapidly changing modern world, flexibility, creativity, out-of-the-box thinking, quick reaction, dogged attempts at achieving goals, adherence to ethical norms and social responsibility principles are the primary manager’s qualities.
DO YOU EXPECT FULL OR PARTIAL LIFTING OF SANCTIONS IMPOSED ON RUSSIA BEFORE THE END OF 2017 AND WILL IT INFLUENCE YOUR BUSINESS?
- The problem of sanctions is of systematic nature, and I do not think that it will be solved in the foreseeable future. The core of the infrastructure business that Russian Towers is engaged in is the access to the capital market and funds available for investment. We support and welcome any justified and unjustified changes that lead to the simplification of such access both on internal and external markets.
WHAT CHANGES IN THE LEGISLATION THAT GOVERNS YOUR INDUSTRY SHOULD BE INTRODUCED AND WHY?
- Russian Towers has a simple, clear, and quite stable business model which does not require special assistance and significant interference of regulators. However, we will gladly continue the collaborative work with the state on federal and local levels with regard to the simplification of the access to the engineering infrastructure, land plots, optimization of paperwork, and reduction of coordination terms. It may noticeably speed up the distribution of modern communication services, which is beneficial to us all.
HOW WOULD YOU MANAGE THE FREE MONETARY ASSETS THIS YEAR AND WHY?
- We invest all the free assets in the development and implementation of new infrastructure projects, triggering of new services for operators, and expansion into new territorial markets.
DO YOU FEEL THE INFLUENCE OF THE SO-CALLED DIGITAL REVOLUTION ON YOUR BUSINESS? WHAT TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGHS DO YOU FORESEE IN YOUR INDUSTRY IN THE NEXT YEAR, AND HOW WILL IT CHANGE THE PLANNING HORIZONS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION?
- Indeed! The concept of the infrastructure business in the telecommunications industry quickly shifts from the management of specialized real estate to the servicing technological companies which provide the necessary infrastructure to their clients.
The telecommunications sector requires the required configuration and complexity in any locality and along the main transport routes all over the country which would develop the whole range of services and expand its value chain, as well as establish the modern IT platform for the new type of services based on the Big Data.
New challenges prescribe new rules, and we are steadily at the cutting edge of this process. The rates of change are so high today that the five-year and even three-year planning is inapplicable. The new horizons imply the term of 12-18 months.
27 November 2019
Moscow. November 27. INTERFAX — Russian Towers CJSC plans to increase the number of its infrastructure facilities to 5 thousand based on 2019 results, which is almost 25% higher than last year. There was a similar increment a year earlier, and the annual revenue increase has been 25% ...
27 August 2019https://www.rspectr.com/interview/365/infrastrukturnye-pomoshniki-dlya-telekoma
Alexander Chub (Russian Towers): “We move towards a telecom operator increasingly assuming its routine tasks". The telecom market is changes rapidly, new communication technologies requiring new infrastructural solutions. Part of tower companies keep on playing by the old rules, sim ...
1 July 2019https://www.bne.eu/
5G is coming to Russia and it will transform the sector By bne IntelliNews June 28, 2019 Russia’s telecoms sector was the very first to be reformed after president Vladimir Putin took over in 2000 and it went so smoothly that no one talks about it. The once crackly phone lines ...